Wednesday, May 8, 2013

#runday May 8th

Today was a run day! 

For the longest time I have not been able to improve my fitness. I do not think my body cannot handle it, but the coolest thing about our bodies is that they are made fore this! So it is my brain that is always getting in the way. I tell myself I am getting tired. I can not go any further or fast, but I really can. I am trying hard to break through my mental roadblocks and believe in myself. Today I told myself "You can do it!" over and over again. Then I started thinking about Adam Sandler and Waterboy (that is what I call runner ADHD). Before I knew it I was home! 


I did a 3 mile run on a pack of nabs and a cup of coffee! So why can't I run further and better when I have a good lunch? It is all in my head! The first step to breaking down those mental roadblocks is believing in yourself.

We have a great place to run in my neighborhood called "The First Street Path"! It runs along West First Street, up by the Wright Memorial and then to the school, library and government center in Kill Devil Hills. Love this path! 


I am still doing the 30day ab challenge
Today:
  • 36 sit-ups
  • 29 crunches
  • 30sec plank
  • 19 pushups (I have been doing man pushups! They are killer)
I also did a great plank workout from Badass Fitness  she is a beast! I hope to be like her one day! 





No comments: