Saturday, May 11, 2013

#runday "Houston we have a problem!"

Disclaimer: This is super gross! 


Thursday I was teaching a Re-Think Your Drink seminar in Corolla so I had a little time to kill in the morning. I ran my usually first street path. I even ate some oatmeal made with coconut milk. (really good!) So I knew this was going to be a great run. I mean look at how pretty my run trail is through the national park. 


 Because I know I can trick my brain by thinking about something else while I am running I try to keep my mind on something new each run. This way I do not think about how far I have been or have to go. I think it helps me get through the run. My boyfriend (running coach) told me I need to learn what each pace feels like. I have been trying to keep a close eye on it. I cannot tell between the 8 minute pace and an 11 minute pace so I was working on that durning this run. I noticed when I was running that I was landing on the outside of my feet. So I corrected myself and just kept running.  



When I got home I took off my shoes, this is what I found....



Day two it is looking a little better! But I think my toe nail is going to fall off just in time for summer. Yay! And I am disappointed that I will not be able to run for a while.  I was in such as great routine and this really throws a kink in the workout plan. I know how hard it is to get back on track when you get off track because of an injury. I also wanted to run in the Shore Break 5K which is in two weeks. 




I have never had this problem before so I think these shoes might not be for my feet. The good news is I can return them and try some different ones. It does stick that I had this happen but at least I am not out the $80.00 I paid for the shoes. Maybe in a few days I can do a barefoot beach run?! We will have to see.
-Liv 


No comments: