Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New Room Arrangement

I arranged these pictures over our little love seat which use to be our couch. I have always wanted a photo wall. It looks like a good start. This seating area is not centered around the tv but I did stash lots of book in the corner so you can read or chat and not have the tv as a distraction. Since I started grad school I can see a lot of studying happening here!

My favorite picture is the old window that has a wave braking on the first jetty near Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. It is really easy. You an take any picture to staples and have it blown up then cut it to fit the panes. I pulled this window out of the barn at our family home place but I have even seen then at thrift stores!

I put my favorite chair in the corner! It was the first price of furniture I purchased. Blue Ridge Interiors. One of my favorite places in Boone! I'm going to put the tree here for Christmas and we moved a heater to that corner so that it is nice and cozy.

Of course we had to put the tv somewhere because we watch way too much of it! But thankfully my super cool boss gave us this cool sectional. I know it has mountains on it! But it is a lazy boy so it is really comfy. The tv stand and coffee table are from Walmart but they look good in there. We still need a rug for the dog. He slides all over the place.

Maybe I will recover the couch one day just to see if I can. Or a slip cover might be nice too.

We have such a long room it worked best to split it into two rooms. Just some advice for those with the same problem. Hope you get some good ideas!

-O

No comments: