Monday, July 22, 2013

I'm Olivia and I'll be your tour guide!

Secure your PFD




Getting in using the 3 point system
Turning you kayak!

And were off
The best part about my job is that I get to do something new every day! I LOVE that I get to share my skills with others. These kids had a great time and were able to be a little more active. During the summer a lot of parents struggle to find ways for their kids to get their energy out. Children need 60 minutes of physical activity everyday and this paddle trip took us every bit of 60 minutes and I took out 3 tours. So my arms were really feeling it.
When your out there paddling remember:
- Secure your PFD
       - Also known as a personal floatation device
- Use the 3 point system when getting in or out of the boat.
       - Make sure that you have at least three points of contact to the boat or land
-  Keep an eye out for fellow boaters
- Always travel with someone or file a float plan
      - It can be as simple as telling someone where you are going and when you plan to be back
-Wear Sun Screen
-Have fun

Oh and I have another class coming up! You can check it out on our webpage it was written by one of my coworkers who wrangles the kids who are not in the water with me. 


No comments: