Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Sewing Corner!

This is were all my projects happen! I made the table out of a door I found at the ReStore. It was not an easy task to get it home because it is a huge wooden door that is super heavy! I made the bulletin board too out of an old picture frame I found at our families farm house!
Here is the up close. You can see that it some of the scroll work is coming off but because I sanded the whole thing down after I painted it and let the black underneath show through it makes it look less damaged. I used the cork tiles from target for the back. Glue them to a piece of cardboard the size of the picture frame and it works well. But the cardboard is not very sturdy so when you put in a push pin you have to be careful. I am working on another idea for the backing but it is holding up well for three years of use. 

Picture of my brother! I made it for my design class in college. It is a made from different types of paper I designed. It looks really cool in real life. I will tell you a secret. I cannot draw so I had my brother pose and took this picture then I blow it up to get the outline, but that was after many failed attempts at drawing him free hand. 
The other picture is my Boyfriend Owen getting barreled! This photo made it to Surfer Magazine Website! He was so stoked on it his mom had it blown up and framed! 

Thats pretty much my sewing corner!  

No comments: